When the t610 first came out I thought it had awkward proportions. I bought it because it was one of the first mass market phones with bluetooth. I carried that phone around for ever. To the point that the joystick started failing. It was cool, I downloaded sailing clicker and could do all kinds of stuff with the phone and my powerbook. Ericsson phones and macs seem to play very nice and there is a big developer community for shareware apps.
When I was interviewing for a job post-uniden, I would use it as a remote control for my slides. I came to love the industrial design. It had major separation anxiety when I finally replaced it. I still believe that if you could cut the thickness of the t610 in half and re-release it it would be a great device, even today. I prefer a small hi-res screen with a tiny package over bigger device with a bigger screen. If I had not moved to Long Island, I maybe would be still using it.
No comments:
Post a Comment